Tuesday, March 4, 2014

week 1 blog Educ 6165

The person I listened to that had great communication skills was a speaker for a recent seminar I attended. This person gave a printout of the nature of her speech. She discussed the teenagers troubling years. She made valid points that caught everyone attention. The points were very clear and concise. I look around the audience and she had everyone's attention. There were no cell phone usage or unnecessary chatter from the audience. She talk in a tone that was effective to engage the audience. After completing her speech she received very positive feedback from the audience.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post and that was great the experience you had at the seminar. Sometimes its hard to get engaged in a speaker. We always learn something when we are paying attention to the speaker and I feel the speaker has to communicate and provide an effective speech so the audience can stay focused. There's always people talking and getting up and if the speaker does not engaged the audience its very easy to not focus. great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dotsy,
    Your post had a very interesting point that I feel is so important when communicating. You stated, She talked in a tone that was effective to engage the audience. I absolutely feel that when communicating people should be mindful of their tone. I am an assistant preschool-school teacher and my director always encourage the staff to watch their tone of our voice. All children don't respond to high and loud voice. It is important to remember to know when raise our tone and when to keep it low. We practice with the children the difference between indoor voice and outside voice. So I feel that in the seminar that you attended her tone of voice was clearly a positive contributor to how she kept her audience tuned in to what she was saying. Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete