Thursday, September 22, 2016

"My Own Capacity"


The issue that impacts me regarding young children and their families and fuels my passion is: Making sure early learners receive any speech and language services that they may be in need of. This is a very important time for their language development.

The resources that are currently available are: Early Intervention that is currently done through our local Health Department, working with local colleges in their speech and language departments, and the local school system that must provide services to three year olds are a few the agencies and resources that can be utilized.

I hope to grow by becoming more involved with my legislature and other government official to get them to understand the importance of early childhood education. I hope to be able to work collaboratively with other advocates, families and business to get the needed funding to better empower our education system to hire highly qualified and certified instructors to educate our early learners.

1 comment:

  1. Dotsy,
    It is great that you are so interested in helping children and families learn more about speech and language services. I find it especially important for families to know and understand that needing services does not mean that something is wrong with their child, I have seen families in the past decline services because they do not understand how these services can help their children be better prepared for their future. Thanks for sharing about your passion.
    Jazmin

    ReplyDelete