Wednesday, September 28, 2016

"Advocacy Messages"

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men
      (Frederick Douglas)


Wisdom begins with wonder
      ( Socrates)


What the best and wisest parent wants for his own child, that must the community want for all children.
        (John Dewey)


 All of these campaign message resonate to me because it shows compassion and understanding to children needs from birth to adulthood. These writers have shown that they can see the need of families and children based on what society should wants and need in order that a child can grow and become a productive citizen. Children need a good foundation to be able to build a concrete stable and productive quality of life.

3 comments:

  1. DRoberts
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. This says a lot. I often wonder why God blessed some of these little angels with the families they are in, but they say we shouldn't question God. Many times our children go through some things that even as an adult I have never experienced. So each day I try to see the best and give my best to every child. We have some children that come from some awful homes and this is another reason I want to be a part of the advocate community within headstart. Yes!! Our babies need a foundation that is going to carry them through life to help them become productive in this society.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find myself slightly unsure about the argument that we need to provide quality experiences for young children because it will help them grow into productive, successful adults. The reason I hesitate is because I wish our society could place a greater emphasis on children deserving these experiences because even as infants, toddlers, preschoolers, or children, they are human beings who deserve to be treated with respect and to be viewed as citizens. It is not just because we need them to grow into good adults, but because at any moment in their lives they should be afforded the dignities and human rights all people deserve.
    However, despite my hesitation, I do find the quotes you shared to be both powerful and inspiring. One of my favorites that I think aligns with what your messages communicates is from Kahlil Gibran, who writes, "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh, and the greatness which does not bow before children."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dotsy,
    I absolutely love the message, It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. This statement is so true! Once the damage is done, it's so hard to repair.

    ReplyDelete