Thursday, December 5, 2013

The new website that I chose is http://childcareaware.org/parents-and-guardians
This website has great resources for parents and educators. It assist with military children that may be in need of guidance of childcare services. It gives state by state resources for families. It provides monthly newsletters that gives valuable information to parents and childcare providers. It gives information on the cost of  child care in America.

this information has been very valuable in my quest to understand how inequitable services can be in providing the right service to the early learners. It show where we are and how far we need to go in order to provide good educational service to the early learners.

4 comments:

  1. You have picked an excellent website, Child Care Aware. I have lived the military life for 17 years and worked for the military child and youth programs for 15 years. This website helped me find child care in my neighborhood since there was a waiting list for the child care center on the military base. Since they partnered with all branches of the military, they also were able to help subsidize my child care. What a blessing. In my job now, this is the first website I offer to parents who are looking for quality child care off-base. In terms of immigrants who do not speak or read English, does this site offer its information in other languages? Are there other ways for offering this information to reach the immigrant population, because this information truly is valuable to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great resource! Love that it includes all states! I will be using this in my newsletters with my families for now on, especially for my military families that are moving. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Dotsy, I visited the website you chose. Lots of great information. I
      subscribed to their monthly newsletter.

      Delete
  3. This is a great website to use and reference in the ECE world.
    They also offer great webinar trainings!

    ReplyDelete