Thursday, December 21, 2017

Week 8 blog assignment


             The first blog I chose from my colleagues blog reading is Netiquette.xyz.com. This technology explains to the students the rules of using social media and the internet. I chose this technology because it is important that all students learn how to respect others in the areas of technology. They will understand what is appropriate and what should not be shared or discussed in their social interaction.

        This technology can be used in the classroom to assist students with communication skills in a conventional way. They will be able to discuss concerns, research and offer resources to benefit all diverse classroom students. The internet, as well as social media will give students the power to collaborate with many valuable resources and other issues to enhance their educational process.   

           The next technology is StudyStacks.com. StudyStacks are flash cards that are used to assist students with learning and remembering information. These cards can be used in a variety of subject areas. I chose this because this will be an inexpensive way to give students an alternate learning game that they can build on learning and sharing valuable information.  
   The game Studystack will be used to allow students to have a study buddy and communicate information in a group or one on one. This will be a low cost for students to obtain valuable information and assist with their memorization skills.

      The next technology I chose was Http://www.FilamentGames.com. This is a game based learning that students can learn to information to assist in varies subject areas. They can better understand math, social studies and other academic areas. This will be used to give students the ability to understand diversity and understand other students in a compassionate manner.




1 comment:

  1. Good Day Dotsy,

    Awesome Blog. I too found the Filament Games site to be a great way to enhance the education of the adult learner. Filament Games provides classroom resources, classroom activities with hands on games to supplement the students digital learning. There are several games to cover just about all the sciences, math and infection control. The "You make me sick!" – a bacteria and viruses learning game is my favorite. In addition, I wrote a blog on StudyStack.com. I saved that on my desktop because I plan on using that site soon. I think both of these are a great sites to introduce to my adult learners in my Health Science Education course. Thanks for the awesome Blog.

    Respectfully,
    Debra

    ReplyDelete