Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Jobs/ Roles in the ECE Community: National/ Federal Level

IDEA has developed a community of practice approach in working with state agency personnel to address the human side of change that will assist with the complex needs and issues to obtain funding for our preschoolers educational needs.


NAEYC is an organization that has the same beliefs that I have regarding specific preparation and professional support in a child's development and learning that will lead to a child's being offered richer language and other content experiences.


Division for Early Childhood (DEC). This agency promotes policies and advance evidenced based practice that will support and enhance a child's developmental needs from 0-8.


This would assist with identifying the language needs of preschoolers and would add to addressing the need for more funding.


 At this time I am currently working with youth and plan to continue in this field and later contracting as an advocate for Head Start.

I am currently receiving the skills I feel I need to competently fulfill being an advocate for Head Start as a Child Care Consultant Trainer.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dotsy
    I really like the organizations that you have mentioned in your post this week. The NAEYC works very hard to support child development. This organization is definitely one of the organizations I would like to work for because it is my passion also that the children get the education they desire.

    ReplyDelete